7 Essential Tools for the Digital Marketer in 2021
Updated: Aug 4, 2021
Digital Marketers are entrusted with the life line of their clients - their brands, and it's no secret that the task of developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective marketing strategy is no small feat (no small feet either...I mean, some marketers have small feet, but anyway I digress...). What I'm getting at is: The job is H U G E. So, of course, tools that can research, retrieve and sort information in context are a must.
2021 promises more technological advances powered by innovative thinkers, and the ever evolving digital marketing space is no exception. From SEO to SEM to social media marketing, here are 7 tools that no digital marketer should be without.
1. Hootsuite | "We created Hootsuite to help people connect on social media and do amazing things together. We connect people with the communities they live in. The teams they work with. The brands they love. The customers who believe in them. And the leaders and visionaries who show them the way forward."
Hootsuite is a powerful social media management platform that covers almost every aspect of a social media manager's role. Users can curate content and schedule posts for all social media accounts from one dashboard, manage team members, obtain analytics, as well as measure ROI.
Free 30 day trial, then $29.00/month
2. Hubspot | "HubSpot offers a full stack of software for marketing, sales, and customer service, with a completely free CRM at its core. They’re powerful alone — but even better when used together."
HubSpot is a robust platform that provides tools for social media marketing, content management, web analytics, landing pages, customer support, and SEO. With integration features for salesforce.com, SugarCRM, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and others, Hubspot is a one-stop management tool
Starter plan is $50.00/month, but there are free tools
3. Google Analytics | "Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications."
Google Analytics is one of the most popular digital analytics software today. Google offers a free web analytics service that reports comprehensive details regarding the visitors on your website. It provides invaluable insights that can help you to create a successful strategy for the growth of your business.
Standard version: free
4. Moz | "SEO software and data to help you increase traffic, rankings, and visibility in search results."
Moz Pro is multi-use tool that helps businesses better understand their audiences by managing multiple aspects of their SEO campaign, such as keyword research and analytics, bot crawlers, link research, and reputation monitoring.
Free 30 day trial, then $99.00/month
5. Buzzsumo | "Run a search to quickly discover content ideas, uncover platform insights, identify passionate
influencers and more."
Buzzsumo is a content research and monitoring tool that allows a user to discover popular or trending content categorized by topic or on any website. This is a great tool to find influences in your market.
Starting at $99.00/month
6. SEMrush | "SEMrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media and competitive research. Trusted by over 6000000 marketers worldwide."
SEMrush allows the user to find new keyword opportunities, do backlink analysis, fix site issues, run an SEO audit of their blog, keep an eye on competitors’ keywords, and more
Free 30 day trial, then starting at $99.95/month
7. Ahrefs | "Ahrefs.com is a well-known toolset for backlinks and SEO analysis. ... - Site Audit tool will analyze your website for common SEO issues & monitor your SEO health over time; - Alerts will keep you notified of new & lost backlinks, web mentions and keywords rankings."
Ahrefs is a multi-use tool that highlights features such as Site Explorer, Keyword Explorer, Site Audit, Rank Tracker, and Content Explorer.
Starting at $7.00 for 7 day trial, then starting at $99.00/month
Although these are only a fraction of the exhaustive amount of tools available today for the progressive digital marketer, there're tried and true - and an asset to your toolbox.